Sunday 14 May 2017

Something Gorjuss for Sunday...

...Hi, how have you all been? This week I've been trying out folded cards which I'll be blogging about shortly - they are something I'm not particularly familiar with but I like to have a wee challenge from time to time ... Today I'm dedicating my Sunday post to cards made with Santoro's Gorjuss range from DoCrafts. I know she's not everyone's "cup of tea" – some people feel she's a bit dark/gothic looking but she doesn't have to be, especially when you can stamp her and colour her up any way you like. Why not give her pink hair and bright clothes (Ooooh, I want to try this now I've mentioned it!!!!)?
So lets have a look at these cards...



#notgothic!   This card looks like there is a lot of work in it but to be honest, the most time consuming aspect of it is the decoupaged focal point. There's quite a few sheets of this kind of stuff in the A4 Ultimate paper pack but if you like your cards quick and simple then there's this selfie card...

Pretty straight forward - most time being spent on colouring up the stamped image on the photo frame.

Here she is in less gothic colours:-


The marble effect background has been hand painted and I've used an embossing folder to add a bit of texture to a piece of vellum from the Gorjuss 6x6 paper pack.



 A really quick gift bag!


 Ok so this one is a bit gothic, even with blue hair and dress...




This pop up card was the first one I'd ever made and yep, it took quite a while to do but the finished result has the wow factor don't you think?
 So, if you have come across my little blog before and seen a few of these makes in the past, apologies if you're disappointed to see them again but I wanted a post where all my Gorjuss makes could all come together. My next DoCrafts demonstration is on May 27th at The Range, Dundee - where I'll be making cards and projects with new DoCrafts products - one of which is a new version of Gorjuss. This time she's all ready for summer which means a brighter, less gothic palette and also the new stamps mean again you can colour her any way you like...
Stay tuned for all that soon!
Happy crafting everyone,
Jak x

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you've been busy, Jacqui! These are all incredible. I can't wait to see what you create with Doodlebug Cream and Sugar. ;)

    ReplyDelete