Saturday 16 February 2013

A few more cards...

...don't know why but I have a bee in my bonnet about getting on top of the card making... thankfully, I'm nearly at the stage where I actually like some of the ones I've made... my theory being if I wouldn't buy one why would anyone else want to? So these ones are just about there...I think! For me it's about finding the best way to make a card look like a lot of work has gone into it without spending too much time on each one. And like anything it's a learning curve just building a repertoire of layouts/design elements that you know work well together. So, cardmakers out there, I salute your art! What you make look so easy is actually harder to nail than first meets the eye. One big lesson learned - tape adhesive reigns over the lowly glue stick which just makes your cardstock buckle and look wonky!!! Plus - don't you get through a lot of adhesive while cardmaking, compared to scrapbooking?
Happy crafting folks!
Jak
xxx 







1 comment:

  1. lovely cards jak, love the use of the punch as well as the layers, very pretty, well done...

    I'm trying to get ahead of myself with cards, this year too... will blog my january makes in the week, nothing like yours though... mine are very simple :( but saying that, showed them to my mum and she loved them, so hopefully others will too :)

    keep up the good work and look forward to see more...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete