Wednesday 21 January 2015

First 12x12 of the year!

Welcome back to my little blog where I try to share nice crafty things that I've made, hopefully to inspire anyone who happens by...
   Well here we are at the start of another year and I thought you might like to see my first scrapbook layout of the year! I've used a mixture of stuff including elements from a beautiful kit I got as a pressie from my scrapbooking buddy Elaine. Hello Elaine!! It's a kit called Collectable by My Mind's Eye and the colours are gorgeous - all fresh and a bit citrusy. Not just papers either - a set of stamps in there too along with some brads and other embellishments and diecuts. I supplemented what I used with some diecutting from my Silhouette. All the calligraphy for want of a better word is my handwriting which has been drawn in Adobe Illustrator then converted into a dfx file compatible with the Silhouette software. I like doing these kinds of titles as it makes the LO unique in as much as no-one else has the same handwriting now do they!!


That's my handwriting!!!! Amazing!!!

Splashy paint!!

Honeycomb diecut designed by me!!! Lol!!!
    I love these papers - they have a lot of texture going on which all adds to the tactility we all love in our scrapbooking pages. Yum! The LO itself came together quickly the longest time spent deciding what I wanted to do as a diecut. The honeycomb came about because I've seen it featured frequently as a stencil in a lot of crafting endeavours lately and wanted to try it out as it's quite a simple pattern to get to grips with. I'm really pleased with how that honeycomb turned out!!! - I might have to use it again (lots) somewhere else...
   Pop by again soon - I'm going to put up some cards I made for Christmas just there.


Happy crafting everyone!
Jak xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment