Tuesday 2 August 2016

Goodies bought in Tiger!!!

Hi folks, just a quickie!
    The Family Strachan were in Glasgow last week and while Leon and The Girls were getting their geek on in various comic/Manga shops I took to trawling the streets for anything crafty that took my fancy. It was kind of slim pickings in the centre of town but the usual suspects were there - Paperchase, Waterstones, Kath Kidston, and Tiger, or Flying Tiger as it seems to be called now. Paperchase was interesting as it had two floors and stocked American Crafts and DoCrafts bits and pieces and there was an area with desks where they must have little crafty sessions but as usual, it was Tiger that got my pennies. Honestly, you just can't beat it for quirky bits and cheap staple supplies like notebooks and canvasses etc, but looook - border punches too. They're a new one on me as the Tiger we have in Dundee doesn't stock them presently. So, they cheekily decided to jump in my basket. At £3 each they weren't exactly going to break the bank now were they. My other purchases were these cute cat "brooch" embellishments - these might end up on cards I think and a roll of sticky "post it" type notepaper - handy for masking off stamps as the whole back of it is sticky.



    
      Look how cute these kitty deco brooches are. Very kitsch!!!
     
I've tried out the punches and although they only punch one
section of border at a time, they cut really well on all the cardstock and paper I've used so far. Here's a wee sample of one I used for a scrapbook layout...


    Try them out if you find them in a Tiger store near you!!!
    I feel a card or two coming on now I have these deco brooches to experiment with...
Have fun Crafties!!
Jak xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment