Saturday 20 August 2016

Scrapbooking a princess

Good Saturday morning crafty types!
Just a quick post this morning - I've a busy day ahead of me as this is my birthday weekend! Notice it's a weekend of celebrations, not just a day!!! Lucky me!!! So, just quickly, I wanted to share my latest scrapbook page here with you - images are a bit grainy as I swiped it from my an instagram post, sorry! Anyway, this one is all about layers and layers - I wanted a change from the plain backgrounds I've been doing lately and this kind of photo goes well with fussy embellishing and texture. The method I used goes like this -
Stamped a border round the dark pink card stock base,
A layer of distressed patterned paper, inked at the edges and where the paper has been torn - I've backed the torn pieces with patches of contrasting patterned paper.
The photo sits on a lattice die cut panel from my Silhouette Portrait which sits on a patterned paper matted on a contrasting colour of card stock.
There's a pleated paper frame this all sits on.
I've embellished with Hobbycraft paper flowers - gold Xcut die cut doillies, bows, buttons and some pieces from a Docraft Folk Floral Ultimate Paper Pack.

There's all sorts of stuff here from lots of different brands of craft supplies all mixed in together - a bit like dipping in to my box of leftover scraps but not quite so random and quirky...
I hope you like it! 



Layers and layers

Embellishing up close!


Thanks for popping by!
Have a thoroughly inspired crafty weekend everyone,
Love Jak x

No comments:

Post a Comment