Thursday 23 March 2017

Embellishment clusters...

Hello there!
In-between doing my demos for DoCrafts, I like to spend my crafty time trying out new techniques and generally having a crafty potter around my stash, and recently it occurred to me that my clustering skills were definitely lacking. Not being one to let that go, I decided I should maybe try and master this. It's something I've admired amongst my crafty colleagues work for a long time and I've often wondered what kind of witchcraft they use when putting these beautiful eye-catching elements together and thankfully when grilled about how it all happens, they were really helpful and forthcoming with lots of tips. Naturally, everyone does it differently and has various ways of putting these together but the best tip I picked up was a visual one from a Youtube video - I am a visual learner after all. I watched lots of vids and what I got from that was that a lot of paper shuffling goes on and the ones I like look a bit well, messy! So taking the bull by the horns I started easy with an old kit from years ago that I still had tons of (do these kits ever end?). I felt it would make life simpler as all the elements are designed to compliment and coordinate with each other. I really had fun doing this and it all just seemed to click once I stopped overanalysing everything. I did print off a few extra bits and pieces to help out - a couple of graph paper backgrounds and I also did a bit of diecutting so I could use different shapes of patterned papers too. Here are some of my results...






These were made from an ages old Colorbok kit from QVC and although I wouldn't use them for scrapbooking now as my kids are a bit old for this kind of design now I still love the bright happy colours. The clusters all finished up a really decent size too so next post is about the cards I made with them!


Stay tuned for some bright and bold cards
Thanks for looking,
Jak xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment