Monday 18 May 2015

They'll always be my babies...

Isn't it amazing how time flies! This photo is probably 4 years old now but I felt compelled to use it in a layout when I plucked it out of the packet last week. I'd been making lots of cards for my DoCrafts demonstrator trial using all their products and I was at a bit of a creative loose end once it was over so I thought making a scrapbook page for the girls album would be a good way of decompressing from the buzz...
   The thing that appealed to me in this photo was how pink everything was - typical girls!!! Something they aren't anymore. Both are busy finding out what makes them tick and pink is definitely not one of those things anymore! It kind of made me a wee bit sad that they've grown so quick - Millie is 12 now and Sadie 9 but in my head anyway - they'll always be my little girls! So making the most of that theme, I thought I'd go with these colours - pink but not overdone. The papers are mainly from an ancient set of Daisy D's that I bought from QVC yonks ago, (I don't think they even do craft stuff anymore...) mixed up with any old tat that goes, lol! But it just goes to show that really you should never throw out your stash!!!! Actually, strictly speaking not true - by all means have a thin out from time to time if only to make room for new things!
Happy crafting!
Jak xxx

Always my babies!

double paper bow

diecut viewmaster wheel slide

No comments:

Post a Comment