Sunday 13 November 2016

Christmas wall plaques...

Hello everyone! 
Here are two decorations I made for hanging up at Christmas...
I used a chipboard blank taken from a DoCrafts Basics chipboard mini album. This little kit contains 6 blank chipboard pages with two binder rings. I felt I could spare a couple of these pages as I tend to just use two at a time for the front and back covers while filling the inside up with other random bits and pieces like card and acetate using one of the chipboards as a template.

© DoCrafts -versatile and I always try and have a supply to hand!




The Santa Stop Here! plaque was first painted with gesso then once dry I gave it a coat of pale blue acrylic. The edges were sponged with white to give an icy, snowy feel and then I painted the whole lot with iridescent glitter glue. This is so pretty when it dries - all lovely and shimmery! The letters are die cut from red glitter card stock using Xcut Wedding Alphas. The stars are also die cut - I used an Xcut mini die set for this - it has a selection of stars in different shapes and sizes. The red pudding and present embellishments are from the little set of felt die cuts I keep mentioning.... This is what you're looking for here :-

© DoCrafts
These have been a great addition to my Christmas supplies and have come in so handy - if you can still find them I would highly recommend them. They actually come in two sizes - these are the mini ones which are maybe about an inch square in size, but there is a larger size available too. I find these a great size for cards tho! Lastly, to finish off, I die cut three Christmas stockings, backed them with matching red glitter card stock, cut round them and attached them to the back of the plaque with baker's twine.



Next up is a more traditional style decoration. So, using the same technique as the blue plaque, this time I chose a traditional Christmassy colour scheme, sponging the edges in gold acrylic. I diecut a wreath for the focal point decorating with lots of diecuts cut from plain dark green, white and silver mirri cardtock. I finished off with a big bow from scraps of ribbon I save up from Christmas presents down the years (they come in so handy for these projects). This piece is printed with cute little leaping reindeer which tie in with the die cut reindeer decorating the plaque. Lastly, I attached three tiny bells on some twine and stuck them to the back of the chipboard - who doesn't love the tiny tinkle of little bells at christmas?
I hope you enjoy creating Christmas too and that my little blog inspires you to try something featured here...
Have a creative crafty day!
See you back here soon,
Love Jak
xxx

1 comment: