Saturday 5 November 2016

So, a recap on my christmas DoCrafts kit...

My September demo box was filled with glitter, dies, stamps and embellishments and although lacking in any patterned papers it was perfect for making some "Clean and Simple" style cards.

Lots of goodies to Create Christmas
So without further ado, here are a few samples I made for my ladies...

These glittered wooden sentiment embellishments are beautiful and a great size for a main focal point on your card!

As I mentioned, I initially struggled with the lack of patterned papers to work with but then I decided to get a bit creative with some peel-off stickers and make my own. This one was fun to make up. I started with a few snowflake peel-offs which I stuck gently (so they would peel off again and I could reuse them!) to some plain white cardstock and lightly inked over them with a pale blue pigment inkpad. I removed the peel-offs to leave behind a pretty snowflake pattern - yay! This was trimmed and triple matted in black white and gold on to a plain white card blank. The main focal point is a wooden gold glittered sentiment. I wouldn't normally do gold and blue together - silver and blue is the natural choice for me but the glitter embellished words were all gold so that's how that choice came about, but I think they work together anyway. The stamped sentiment is from a pack of six christmas sentiment stamps - a really useful set they were too, you'll see more of these in use as we get through these cards!

Love this embossed background. DoCraft herring bone folder.

I love the simplicity of this one. The main focal point is a chunky chipboard Noel with reindeer sticker. This was just one from a whole sheet of printed chipboard stickers which work great if you are short of time or just don't want to spend hours making each individual card - lets face it you could miss christmas completely if you get too get carried away with making the vast amount of cards you may need... I kept the background plain but used an embossing folder for some texture - this one is the DoCrafts herring bone folder. I love this embossing folder as it goes with anything. Try it over patterned papers too - sometimes adding texture to a pattern knocks it back a bit, softening the contrast of the pattern and colours. In this case though it makes the focal point stand out by enhancing what would be a bland white background. The cracker that holds the stamped and heat embossed sentiment is made from some stripy washi tape stuck on to card and cut in the shape of a cracker.


Next up is another one with more peeled off peel-offs but this time I've water-coloured over the stickers before gently removing them.


That's a clear button tied with a twine bow detail on the largest snowflake and another heat embossed stamped sentiment, this time stamped in red pigment ink and clear embossed.


Batch make this for quick and easy card!


Still keeping it Clean and Simple - I'll call it CAS from now on as that's how it's known amongst you Cardies out there - this time with some kraft as my base. Now, could a card be made any simpler than this? It's a kraft card blank topped with some embossed kraft card, embellished with some stripy cardstock cut into a pennant shape topped again with a felt topper, stamped sentiment and twine bow. Yes, you could add a few sparkles here and there too if this is too plain for your liking but this is definitely the kind of card you could batch make and get done quickly. Going back to the felt topper - these come in a cute little wooden palette/box in 9 different designs including little gingerbread men and trees which you'll also see more of here!


I think this one should be called a "So Simple It's Ridiculous" card. It's a big stamped sentiment on a white card blank which has been inked round the edges with a blue pigment inkpad, stamped snowflakes embossed with white embossing powder, a few white sparkly gems thrown at it and a little red bow for contrast. Done!
Ok, crafty peeps! I'm going to go and edit some more of my Create Christmas makes and I'll be back shortly with another post full of sparkly Christmassy inspiration! Stay tuned!
Love Jak
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment