Wednesday 18 February 2015

Time I made some cards...

... So, a week or so ago, I was having a little mooch around t'internet looking for something to inspire me. I knew I was going to design some files for cutting on my Silhouette but was looking more for a way of using these designs. To cut a long story short having indulged in designing some journaling cards and trellis type background bits and bobs it struck me that sentiments or rather a lack of them are a major sticking point for me when it comes to making cards so why not design some of those? The actual designs were quickly put together once I had "found the right typeface"! This aspect of design is the most laborious for me - it's something that is time consuming and even when you find the font you want to use, sometimes you find that the shapes of the letters don't actually work for the word you are using, so, then you have to go back to the drawing board and find something else. I usually find that Pacifico is a really flexible font because it joins up and can take a bit of pulling and stretching without too much distortion.
 
a quick card to see how the die cuts work in...
more sentiments...
Here is my first tryout incorporated into a greetings card. I'm pleased with how they diecuts have turned out especially as there is scope for all sorts of customisation...
Hopefully, if I get a bit of time, I will try the other ones too...
Thanks for popping by
Jak
xxx
PS. I love my Silhouette!

No comments:

Post a Comment