Saturday 26 March 2016

A quick catch up with scrapbooking...

So far this month, I've spent most of my creative time making cards mainly because of my DoCrafts demo, but now the dust has settled on that one and normality has resumed I felt I needed to return to what I love best, so, inspired and motivated by photos that have been kicking around Craft Central (my corner of our family room in our basement) for goodness knows how long, I got stuck in and rustled up these two 12x12s! First one up is a LO featuring our old cat Stanley. He's been gone at least seven or eight years now but his legend definitely lives on...
So, I reckon demoing all the Geometric range for DoCrafts this year so far has worked its way into my thought process because I felt compelled to design a diecut panel in a similar style for the background on this page. I really like the way this sort of thing breaks up blocks of colour and adds interest and the shapes - triangles, matched Stanley's spiky personality perfectly! I love my silhouette dearly and most layouts I do now usually have some form of custom-made diecut thing happening on them somewhere.



These studs are from The Works - just cut off what you need and adhere!

Wooden word embellishment also from The Works!

I started by spritzing the dark grey cardstock with Artiste Spritzing Ink - I love this product! The one I used is Black Gold and it has lots of gold pigment in it making it really iridescent and interesting, especially on textured cardstock. Next I added some smudges of paint but it was too contrasty so I went over it with the spritz ink again. The die cut was stuck down but first I cut out some gold triangles to show through in a few random places and tie in with the spritzing ink. The patterned papers were then stuck down - mainly scraps from my leftovers box, and lastly my favourite bit - the embellishing!!! I have to say, sometimes The Works really comes up trumps for cheap goodies and this is true here. During a recent visit there I came across packets of wooden bits and pieces - the "awesome" sentiment being one from one of these and a sheet of silver spiky studs that can be snipped off and used individually or rows, in fact you could even try making a word up with them!


Next up is a layout using another photo from a trip we had to St Andrews when the girls were still very young. Now, I recently tackled a LO about this trip using the Papermania Geometric Neon range but this time I used random scraps from my leftovers box using little pops of neon to add a bit of contrast. Underneath the "BEACH" part of the title I added a bit of yellow fringe paper which seems to be a bit of a trend if the things I've been looking at recently are anything to go by. This completed page will go in Millie's scrapbook. I feel I have to keep things even when it comes to scrapping trips for posterity - I wouldn't want them squabbling over who had what in their scrapbooks...


Spritzing ink, gold sequins and adhesive pearls give the LO texture!


Thankyou for stopping by and having a look! Feel free to leave a comment - don't be shy! 
Lots of crafty love,
Jak xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment